If you are looking for a new dirt bike stand, or you are looking for some great maintenance steps for your existing dirt bike stand, you’ve come to the right place!
My quest for the best dirt bike maintenance stand began when I purchased my last one. It was a decent stand, but it was a little rigid, you couldn’t move it around easily, and it was incredibly heavy to move around the garage.
I decided it was time for an upgrade, but do I need to buy another aftermarket dirtbike stand? Just go straight to a jack bike stand? Try an eight-hole bike jack stand?
To answer those questions, I needed to go on a new search for the best dirt bike stand aftermarket.
By now I have found the best two types of dirt bike stands available.
I’ve even compared different aftermarket dirt bike stands and weighed up what the cool features were for different models. I can help you make the right choice so you too can make sure your dirt bike is in tip-top condition.
1. Motorsport Products 92-5012 Black MX Hydraulic Scissor Lift
- Non-slip surface
- Lifts up to 1000 pounds
- Heavy duty construction
- Easy to transport
- Will not scratch your floor
- Easy to assemble
- Won't rust
- GSA Compliant crane
- Some say it is over-priced
- Does not lift more than 1/2 a ton
- Does not have a handle to carry it by
- Some find it hard to operate
2. Pit Posse PP2849 Universal Dirt Bike Triangle Side Stand
- Stable while working on the motorcycle
- Works as a kickstand as well
- Works on another bike if you have a friend with the same bike
- Can do everything with this stand
- Constructed from thin steel
- Good for all sizes of bikes
- You might break it while using it – although it is strong too
- The stand makes your bike lean a lot, even with 50 lb added on the stand
- It might be a little difficult to use at first
If you do not have a particular type of bike and you need a really portable stand, I recommend you this one. It works as a kickstand as well as a side stand. So if you usually park your bike on a mountain, kickstands are a really good addition to your bike.
You can do many things with this stand. You are able to check the tire pressure, carburetor setting, chain tension, fuel pump cleaning, spark plug cleaning, tire tube changing, and anything with the bottom of your bike.
3. Pit Posse PP277BK Motorcycle Panel Id Stand Fits Motocross Dirt Bike Mx Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha KTM Comes
- Sturdy, made from high gloss black powder coat
- Supports motorcycles up to 350 pounds
- It is very easy to set up the stand.
- Can be shipped via FedEx, UPS, and US Mail.
- Comes with a limited five-year warranty against defects in material and craftsmanship.
- Compact, lightweight and portable
- Stands tall despite its small profile
- Extremely secure
- Can be used indoors or outdoors .
4. Comie Motorcycle Racing Offroad Motocross Dirt Adjustable Bike Steel Lift Jack Stand
- Ideal if you ride a dirt bike regularly
- Can handle dirt bike weights with ease
Here's the last thing you want to do:
Drop your beloved bike from a great height and damage it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best dirt bike stand?
While you can prop your bike up on the kickstand and lie it over on its side, what do you do when you want to do a longer or more-intense repair on your bike? With anything more than a basic repair, it’s a good idea to invest in a dirt bike stand of some sort. It should support the bike by its frame while you do the repairs.
One of the most popular models is the Pro Motorcycle Pro-Stand. It has a unique design which allows the bike to stand on its own while you work. The stand can accommodate a wide variety of models and is quite sturdy.
Another popular model is the D-Stand. This stand holds motorcycles upright by their rear axle and includes a built-in swiveling jack and swing arm. It’s perfect for basic repairs and maintenance, but keep in mind that it only accommodates dirt bikes without carburetor or transmission.
What is the most reliable dirt bike brand?
Yamaha is a safe bet when you consider that it’s the leader in the dirt bike industry, innovating in engine manufacturing and technology since 1990. This company has come up with the patent on the perfect 4 stroke motor and offers top-notch service and quality. Yamaha offers a wide range of high-performance bikes in different classes based on their leanness and engine capacity.
What can I do to make my dirt bike faster?
Bikes now come with a number of technological features that a rider can control, including exhaust system, suspension, and supercharger kits to optimize speeds. There are even some track specific models that come with fancy features like antimicrobial paint and push-to-install axles. These are all for the rider who’s interested in taking their dirt bike to the edge.
For the do-it-yourselfer, however, you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars on your bike. Check out these easy and affordable ways for you to make your bike faster:
Change the oil. The engine is the heart of your bike and keeping it running smoothly is the key to making it quicker. Dirty, old oil that has hardened and is low on oil pressure will only slow your bike.
Change the spark plug. A spark plug that has lost its power can cause your bike to sputter and lose power.
How do you put a dirt bike on a center stand?
A center stand for a 23 lb. ATV or Dirt Bike is very different from a stand for a 35-150lb. Dirt Bike.
Most center stands are not strong enough to support the weight on a two wheeler, let alone a four wheeler. But what you need is a center stand that is strong enough to support the weight as you are doing work on the bike, but easy to take off.
We know that most users stand agree that the Dirt bike stands are better than their counterparts and they really do make a DIY repair or a track day much easier. There is way more stability on the track as well as the work space than any other stands when it comes to dirt bike maintenance! If you agree with us, then let’s start reviewing some of the best dirt bike / sport bike stands that are available on the market.