When it comes to buying your next DSLR, the question is not which Nikon DSLR but more or less which one of the Nikon DSLR cameras is the best Nikon DSLR camera to buy?
It’s not easy to decide at all.
There are a number of Nikon DSLR’s to choose from out there and it can be a little overwhelming.
I have a few suggestions for you in this article. Hopefully, you’ll be able to get your head around the subject when you’re done.
|Nikon D5600 DSLR||Best Overall|
|Nikon D3300||Budget Pick|
|eBasket 1557 Nikon D5 DSLR Camera||Upgrade Pick|
1. Nikon D5600 DSLR
- Suits both beginner and intermediate level users
- Slim, light camera body with a tilting touchscreen LCD
- Excellent image quality
- Good selection of useful features (Creative modes, HDR, optical viewfinder)
- Has sufficient microphone and headphone inputs
- Includes an external microphone in the box
- No articulated screen
- No weather sealing
- No 4K or timelapse video modes
- No touchscreen ability for the viewfinder
- No external headphone input
Nikon has always been able to keep up with ever-evolving technology and the D5600 is the epitome of this.
Brand new features and upgrades for the Nikon D5600 make this a complete camera system for the beginner and professional photographer alike.
Features like SnapBridge lets you transfer your photos directly to your smart device, so that you can share your favourites on social media, or upload them to cloud storage without even taking out the memory card or turning your Nikon on!
2. Nikon D500 DX-Format Digital SLR
3. Nikon D7100 24.1 MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR
- It has the best continuous shooting (10 fps) speeds of any DX DSLR, and the highest FPS (6) of any Nikon DSLR.
- It has a lower resolution than the D600.
The D7100 is the replacement for the D7000, bringing with it Wi-Fi functionality, a larger buffer and a new focus tracking system. Like the D7000, it doesn’t use an anti-aliasing filter, which gives more detail. It also has a lightning-fast 10 frames per second with a new 51-point autofocus system that works in low-light situations and offers 3D tracking, which keeps subjects from moving when using high-speed shooting.
4. Nikon D610 24.3 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera
- Compact, durable body
- Real-world resolution is excellent
- Consistent performance across the ISO range
- Very good dynamic range
- Excellent video quality
- Dual memory slots
- Good high ISO performance
- Good, not great, FPS
- Some issues with noise at very high ISOs
- No built-in GPS
- If you don’t need FX-format, the D7000 still is the better option
The D610 is a very popular option for sporting, wildlife, and portrait photographers who want a relatively low-noise and high-resolution camera at an affordable price, and the D610 meets and surpasses those expectations.
The D610 is a very durable camera with all of the physical controls that you would want, it’s weather sealed, and due to its rugged construction, it’s a great option for sports photographers.
5. eBasket 1557 Nikon D5 DSLR Camera
The Nikon D5 is a powerful camera that is perfect for anyone who is looking to do pro-level photography. This camera will not only let you get high quality photos but will let you shoot 4K ultra-high definition video to give you the best possible video.
More than that, this camera will let you shoot up to 12 frames per second to capture action on film in a way that you have never been able to before. It even allows you to shoot at an extended sensitivity of up to ISO 102,400.
You can trust that you will get a shot every single time because this camera will be able to focus with pinpoint accuracy, getting your subject in focus even in lower light settings. If you are looking for a high end DSLR, this is a perfect option for you.
6. Nikon Df 16.2 MP CMOS FX-Format Digital SLR Camera Body
This is a fantastic camera for photographers who like black and white photos. Did you know it has a dedicated monochrome sensor? It also has special ISO settings, allowing you to choose the look of your photo.
The camera is not good for beginners as it is very expensive. It also comes in black only, which some people may not like.
The Nikon Df is a bit of a special one as it is one of the few full frame DSLRs that come in black. I’m a fan of this, but not everyone is as it limits the appeal of this camera. This camera also has a fantastic grip.
7. Nikon D3400 DSLR Camera
- Best Overall Beginner DSLR
- Best for Casual Photographers
- The versatility of lens options
- Great for all-around use
- It is incredibly lightweight
- This camera has enough power to be used for high-level photography, but is simple enough to use for beginners without any issues.
- The battery life is only about 500 pictures for the D3400
- You might need to purchase additional lenses if you want to use different options.
One of the best Nikon DSLR cameras on the market is the market in 2020 is the Nikon D3400 DSLR camera with the AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED lenses. This camera has tons of give and take, giving you the option of more advanced features while staying simple enough for someone new to the concept of DSLR cameras.
This Nikon camera is known for giving you quality photos with the angle and body flexibility to get the shot of whatever you need, when you need it. With some of the best image stabilization available on a DSLR camera when paired with the 70-300mm lens, this Nikon camera comes highly rated for being the best full-legnth DSLR camera on the market.
8. Nikon D7200 DX-format DSLR Body
- Comes with a 3-inch TFT-LCD information display.
- Excellent battery life
- Impressive AF
- Comes with a new grip design
- The D7200 don’t have an eye-sensor for exposure metering
- Technology is far behind that of Canon
- Poor build quality
9. Nikon D3300
- Comes at an affordable price
- Takes excellent photos
- Easy to use
- Very good value
- Records Full HD videos
- New users may find the user-interface complicated
- Photos may be a bit under-exposed
- Viewfinder is dim
(Body Only)+AF-S DX 18-55mm VR Lens
The Nikon D3300 is a simple camera that is perfect for a beginner. It records videos at Full HD resolution with stereo quality. The camera has an ultra-advanced chip that enables users to take high-quality images. The camera also has a good buffer rate, which enables it to take continuous shots. The camera is easy to use as it has an auto mode that simplifies functions. Due to its small size, the Nikon D3300 can fit in the smallest pocket.
10. Nikon D5500 DX-format Digital SLR
This is an excellent camera for beginners because it is easy to use and capable of producing decent photos. That fact makes it a good choice for hobbyists like photographers, event and wedding photographers, and people who want to take photos of their family and friends.
It is also an excellent choice for people who already like taking photographs because you can use it to take great pictures. It may not yet be as good at taking pictures as a professional DSLR, but it is better than a phone camera.
One of the most useful advantages that this camera has to offer is the fact that it is incredibly easy to use. There are two primary reasons for this fact. First, it only has automatic controls. The advantages of this are obvious; you do not need to be an expert to use automatic settings.
11. Nikon D810 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body
- Has in body image stabilization, making it less necessary to use an additional lens
- Has a very good battery life
- Has a best in class auto focus system
- Excellent image quality and image processing from the Nikon D810
- Has very fast autofocus
- Has an excellent viewfinder
- Has a very good build quality
- Huge amount of accessories
- It can use DX lenses and can use lenses from all Nikon systems from the past all the way back to 1959.
- Has a extremely fast frame rate
- It has a high price
- The LCD screen can scratch easily
- It has a low resolution LCD screen
- There is no built in Wi-Fi
- The D810 does not have a built in GPS
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best Nikon DSLR camera for professionals?
The Nikon D5 is a top-of-the-line camera that most professionals will crave, especially avid sports and action photographers. This is in large part because of the camera’s continuous burst shooting rate and up to 12,800 ISO ratings. Professionals will also appreciate the sensor size, the 51-point autofocus, and the speed.
It also has plenty of manual modes to allow you to take full control of the settings you might want to change. For instance, if you want to speed up the shutter speed, you can turn it up in the shutter speed menu. This will allow you to capture the action just the way you want.
The D5 is also quite durable and is waterproof, allowing you to capture the action on water and snow without taking on moisture or damage. Overall, this camera is an excellent choice for those looking for a professional-level camera.
Which is better Nikon or Canon DSLR?
Nikon and Canon make some very similar DSLR cameras, but they each offer a few unique features and some haven’t appeared in Canon cameras yet. Here are several points showing why Nikon is the best DSLR:
The top Nikon SLR cameras have incredible high resolution sensors.
Nikon is the No. 1 brand in DSLR cameras with a smaller market share than DSLR cameras.
Nikon and Canon both use Nikon F mount and both have interchangeable lenses, but only Nikon manufactures high quality lenses.
Nikon has a very developed lens system.
Is it worth buying a DSLR in 2022?
The best DSLR to buy in 2022 is based on your own needs. Many of us still believe that a DSLR is out of our reach. Because most people went to school to get an education, they feel they should not have to pay an arm and a leg to take great photos.
However, just because you do not want to pay for a professional camera, does not mean you can’t get beautiful pictures. Why spend your valuable vacation time trying to learn how to use the camera and hope for the perfect shot? Why not make it simple by using a Digital Single Lens Reflex, or DSLR?
Why is Canon more popular than Nikon?
Canon and Nikon have been neck and neck in terms of the best digital camera reputation until the latter half of the 2000’s. Recent polls reveal that Canon has the highest number of loyal customers because of their "our lenses work with all our cameras" philosophy.
While Nikon’s recent switch to their new mirrorless system is exciting, optical compatibility takes a big hit in this process. Also, if you own a Nikon and want to move up to their pro-level gear, you need to sell your body and buy all new lenses.
Because of this, Canon is currently more popular among professional photographers. Top photographers like Trey Ratcliff use Canon to capture some amazing and creative photos.
Confused about which Nikon DSLR to buy in 2022? We took a critical look at our top 8 recommended Nikon DSLRs and compared their most important features. We also included a buyer's guide alongside each of our comparisons. Our guide will help you understand important factors you should consider before making any DSLR buying decision.
|Nikon D5600 DSLR||Best Overall|
|Nikon D3300||Budget Pick|
|eBasket 1557 Nikon D5 DSLR Camera||Upgrade Pick|