If you just bought a dirt bike or scooter, or you’re just upgrading to a more refined and conditioned machine, now is the best time to figure out the best dirt bike oils, fluids and cleaners to use.
You want to choose the best products to help your bike run smoothly and be ready to perform for you throughout the season.
KNOWING WHAT MACHINES WORK BEST WITH WHAT MACHINES IS THE BEST KNOWLEDGE TO HAVE.
And I have the answers for you. And if you don’t, you’re not going to get help anywhere else.
|Lisle 19732 Plastic Oil Dispenser||Budget Pick|
|Muc-Off fast action bike cleaner 5 L||Upgrade Pick|
- Stable viscosity for the life of your motor
- Keeps the gears and chains lubricated to make them last longer
- Puts a nice luster to the metal parts of your motorcycle
- Does not contain any lead or silicone
- Keeps the engine clean for better heat transfer
- Does not separate and is totally synthetic (minimizes wear and keeps the engine cooler)
- Maximizes gas mileage and long-term engine life
- Contains Teflon additives for maximum corrosion protection
- Designed for extended drain intervals and warm climate operation
- Works great in any temperature and second time you drain it
- It can reduce horsepower
- It can increase the oil temperature 10-15 degrees
- You must do a 2000 miles oil change
- You must not overfill your oil
2. Maxima 54901 5WT Standard Hydraulic Fork Oil
- Coming in a pack of two, these bottles are a great deal
- Provides all the benefits of synthetic oils
- It is able to help you maintain your motorcycle’s suspension easily
- Mid-grade oil
- An environmentally friendly product
- Compatible with most motorcycles
- Great for small engines
- Long lasting
- Do not use it on older models of motorcycles
- It is not suitable for O-rings
- It does not come cheap
- It does not work with hydraulic clutch systems
3. Maxima 74920 Chain Wax
- Works great on any chain as long as you follow directions and wipe off excess
- Wax really helps to reduce friction and keeps the chain from rusting
- Wax is actually spray on lube and can be difficult to apply
- May fling off excess and cause a mess
This spray on wax really does help to reduce the friction and overall wear on your bike chains, no matter what season it is.
It is really easy to apply and washes off with no trouble at all.
This product is designed to be used on both O and X-ring chains as well as any other chains.
4. Engine Ice TYDS008 High Performance Coolant
- Works well to help protect engines in high performance/racing applications
- Works very well in cooling applications and is anti-corrosive
- Comes in multiple sizes
While this coolant is a bit higher in price, it works very well in high performance engines and helps to protect them. It is also works well to cool the engine, making it a great choice for high performance applications.
This coolant makes it much less likely that you’ll experience a failure in your engine, helping to keep your vehicle running when you need it. It’s mixed with a color enhancer, which means that it’ll remain bright for a long time.
5. Lisle 19732 Plastic Oil Dispenser
- Unique look
- Has a mechanical gauge to easily see how much fluid is in it
- There is an air vent control that allows you to regulate the flow of fluids
- Allows for precise measurement
- It is lightweight for you to easily use every day
- Has a smooth bore for the fluid
- Has a protruding spout to help you direct the fluid
- Has a strong build to protect against damage
- Flexible spout helps you get an exact amount of what you need
- It swivels to help you easily get into the hard-to-reach spot
- It is not really spill resistant
- There is a chance that it could leak over the glass container, affecting the accuracy of the measurement
The Lisle 19732 Plastic Oil Dispenser is a great device because it makes it so much easier for you to know exactly how much fluid you pour.
Lisle 19732 Plastic Oil Dispenser, 6-Quarts.
6. No Toil Filter Maintenance Kit
- Prevents to buildup of paint
- Has a good price
- Provides an anti-corrosion and anti-wear protection
- Lubricates machines
- Keeps away pests
- Absorbs water
- Removes dirt
Although you may have heard that oil is the best way to keep your motorcycle, car, truck or ATV running smoothly, may actually be doing more harm than good. Oil is a great way to prevent dirt and dust from entering your engine while it is in use. But once the engine is powered off, the oil will solidify and leave a heavy coating on your engine.
With this oil you will not have to worry about this problem anymore. The No-Toil is a blend of four-stroke engine oil and synthetic oil. This will provides an anti-corrosion and anti-wear protection for longer engine life and provides lubrication for engines. This product also absorbs water and also clean than oil-based products. This No-Toil filter maintenance takes so easy to apply and will only take a few minutes to apply. It is better to use four times, so you will like appreciate using this.
7. Muc-Off fast action bike cleaner 5 L
- A high quality product that will not damage your colors
- The product has a good smell
- It takes the dirt off quickly
- It is very easy to use and the application is simple
- You can use it safely in various situations
- One can is not enough for a complete cycling kit cleaning
- It works better on new plastics
169 fl. OZ
Muc-Off is a company that provides great products in the area of motorbike care since 2004. This is one of its best products, designed exactly for cyclists.
Its purpose is to clean any dirt, mud, oil, urine or water quickly and easily, making your bike look like you just left the shop.
8. Maxima 80-86912 DOT 4 Brake Fluid
- It has a similar temperature stability capability to other DOT 4 fluids.
- It has an extremely wide working temperature of -58 degrees F to +300 degrees F, which makes it one of the most versatile DOT 4 fluids on the market.
- It is susceptible to damage from certain types of silicone and can ruin the seals around seals, gaskets and other components in your motorcycle.
- It is very sticky and stays sticky making cleanup difficult.
This is an old standby for most riders as well as garages that work on vintage and classic cars and motorcycles. It has a reasonably wide temperature range in which it can be used. It is very sensitive to temperature changes which can lead to breaks down in seals. It tends to remain sticky and will stay that way until it is removed. It will need to be removed with solvent. The final major drawback is that it is expensive compared to bio-based DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids. This type of product may be more attractive to the buyer because it has a long history and may be hard to give up. But you may end up doing so thinking its time has passed.
9. Silkolene Comp-Gear Oil
- Good for all gears
- Brushes out easily
- Can be slightly on the expensive side price-wise
- Doesn’t go on too wet so you might have to add more to the chain
Silkolene was created by a couple on a Scottish farm in the early 60s, and the company has continued to produce exceptional lubricants, even when it was separated from the family business. The company is now a part of the ICI-Powertrain business, and it is headquartered in Northern Ireland.
10. Silkolene Pro-2 SX 2T Oil
- Very high quality oil
- Very popular with the motocross community
- Affordable compared to other MX Oils
- Good range of viscosity options
- Some say it works better than the more expensive alternative, Bel Ray
11. Medicom Accu Fit Disposable Latex Powder-Free Gloves,Size Medium
- Universal gloves – great for multiple applications
- Reasonably resistant to punctures – can last through multiple applications
- Easy to put on and remove
- Sturdy but not strong – can be worn for extended periods of time
- Fit almost all sizes
- Great for multiple applications from detail to automotive to basic home maintenance
- Very comfortable to wear
- People who have developed latex allergies claim there is a risk of developing an allergic reaction when using these gloves
- There are no color options – the only choice you have is white
- Must test for chemical resistance before use
- Use only when near pets or children as they are a choking hazard
- They are disposable – if you don’t treat them kindly you will lose your investment
This is the best latex powder free glove we could find on the market. They give you a chemical resistant glove option to protect your hands and arms from irritation, and they perform adequately well at the task.
You will be able to use one glove for multiple applications, but it won’t last quite as long as a non-latex glove will.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best dirt bike oil?
For beginners, companies make fluids specifically designed for different weather conditions like the cold and the hot. There are also oils designed for certain fuel types and bike types.
Fortunately, these days, you can also find fluids made specifically for different bikes and engines thanks to the major advancements in synthetic oils and other products. These advanced oils made by specialized brands provide super-reliable protection for your engine because they have a nano-tech molecular structure that keeps them safe from friction and wear. They also provide ultimate protection from corrosion and extreme weather, helping you avoid damage to your engine.
In some cases, you can even find oils designed for very specific services like engine break-in or high-performance engines. So depending on your biking needs, you can choose the right oil for you.
Note, fluids like washing-up liquid and petrol are not the same thing as bike and bike engine oils.
What is the best 2 cycle oil for dirt bikes?
While the two primary kinds of oil for dirt bikes are same for both 4-stroke and 2-stroke, there’s still some difference between them. With 2-stroke dirt bike oil, the valve seals are more sensitive and require a thinner oil.
The thinner the oil, the more it can seep past the rings and valves into the crankcase baking. You can solve this issue by using a deflector. A deflector helps keep the oil near the cylinder, ensuring it doesn’t get diverted into the crankcase too much.
What is the best 2 stroke transmission oil?
Wash all dirt and debris from the transmission with a pressure washer or steam cleaner and then reinstall the gearbox. Fill the transmission with Zipp Oil, ATF or Honda transmission oil up to the fill line. Screw on the fill cap and start the engine. Test the fluid level to make sure it has not run out before the next use.
What is the best mixture for a 2 stroke dirt bike?
You’re not limited to your local bike shop for finding products anymore. Not only are they typically expensive, but in general they’re not tailored to your particular make and model. Instead, you can access a much wider range of products online and often at a much lower cost. We hope this guide has made your search easier by helping you identify which products are the best value for your money.
|Lisle 19732 Plastic Oil Dispenser||Budget Pick|
|Muc-Off fast action bike cleaner 5 L||Upgrade Pick|